provider (AMIS) – a subsidiary of JSE-listed group – is a producer of mineral certified reference materials (CRMs) and will exhibit its core focus on related to and at the Investing in African 2018.
In less than a week, mining professionals and investors alike will be converging on Cape Town for the annual Investing in African Mining Indaba. AMIS will once again be exhibiting at the Mining Indaba.
Come and meet the AMIS team at Stand #102. We hope to see you there!
Gold standards are an integral part of exploration, grade control and routine quality control within mineral assay laboratories. In historic accounts the metal has been central to human development and achievement for 5000 years as it has been a monetary system, an investment vehicle in physical ford and held in central banks globally. It also has practical applications that has been utilized in outer space as well as cellular phones. In today’s world gold is still seen as a safe haven investment in times of uncertainty.
AMIS has certified AMIS0540, our most comprehensively certified standard yet. A gold multi-element standard originating from the Witwatersrand basin. It stands tall with over 30 elements and major oxides certified as well as physical properties such as density and LOI quantified. Based on the back ground of gold in human history it seems appropriate that a gold standard will lead the way for other AMIS standards going forward.
For more information on AMIS0540 please contact me Jumien Peceur at email@example.com or any of our team members, whose details you can find on the contact us page on our site. The certificate of analysis is also available for download under the certificates and reports tab/product in stock . We look forward to hearing from you and remember there is No Analysis Without An AMIS.
Zinc price has recently hit its highest level ever since 2007. This is the highest record in a decade. There are more than 50 countries that mine Zinc in the world.
Zinc is a blue-grey non-ferrous metallic commodity with very high anti-corrosion properties, it commonly occurs together with lead mineral deposits. Zinc ores are commonly hosted in sulphide mineral called sphalerite. Sphalerite provides almost 90% of the zinc produced in the world, with the remaining 10% produced from 5 other minerals; smithsonite, zincite, zincosite, willemite, and franklinite.
Zinc (Zn) and lead (Pb) are commonly deposited together, in ore deposits that are formed under low-temperature hydrothermal fluids. There are several types of Pb-Zn ore deposit, but SEDEX (sedimentary exhalative) and MVT (Mississippi Valey type) are the two most significant deposit types.
AMIS offers a range of Zn CRMs from both sulphide and oxide deposits. Our Zn CRMs range from low to high grade. These CRMs are all matrix matched and will improve all your analytical analysis.
For more information on these CRMs or pricing information , please visit our website www.amis.co.za or contact myself, Mbumba Ntaba, at firstname.lastname@example.org, Siyanda Gumede at email@example.com ,or Jumien Peceur at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have recently added three new UG2 standards:
AMIS0251 PGM 4E 3.17g/t UG2 West Limb ZA
AMIS0504 PGM 4E 5.22g/t UG2 West Limb ZA
AMIS0516 PGM 4E 4.14g/t UG2 West Limb ZA
Iron oxide copper gold ore deposits (IOCG) are important and highly valuable concentrations of copper, gold and uranium ores hosted within an iron oxide matrix.
IOCG deposits are characterised by the presence of Cu with/without gold hosted in a hematite-matrix (iron oxide matrix). Hydrothermal fluids in a volcanic setting are responsible for the mineralisation of these deposits. The breccias and veins were formed by a repetitive hydrothermal brecciation and venting with the volcanic setting. As a result the host sequence rocks are intensely altered by hematite-sericite-chlorite-carbonate. The breccia’s are extremely iron rich and themselves comprise a huge iron resource made up of hematite and minor magnetite. The fluids contain dissolving salts capable of dissolving small amounts of Au, Ag, Cu, Fe and variety of rare earth elements (REE) minerals. Mineralisation of these deposits is found in hydrothermal veins and breccia.
Prominent Hill, together with Carrapateena, Olympic Dam, Moonta-Wallaroo and Hillside, are all IOCG mineralised systems.
AMIS has a wide range of CRMs that are certified for all of the economic elements mined at Prominent Hill (Fe, Au, Cu, Mn and Co).
For more information on these CRM certificates or pricing information, please browse our website at www.amis.co.za or contact our author, Siyanda Gumede, at email@example.com or any of the AMIS team.
Remember, No Analysis without An AMIS!
AMIS has recently certified two new Wits Au CRMs.
AMIS0467 Au 9.1g/t U 200ppm Wits ZA
AMIS0465 Au 14.8g/t U 249ppm Wits ZA